Review: Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum

8:21 PM


Hello everyone! Today I am back with another review, this time with a well-known product that's been raved countless of times already, the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum! :D


Product Description and Claims
Name: The Green Tea Seed Serum
Brand: Innisfreee

What is it and what does it do?
"The nourishing moisture serum is formulated with freshly squeezed Jeju green tea and green tea seeds to create a dewy and clear skin from within."

So basically this serum is supposed to provide your skin with the moisture it needs to become supple and clear.

Ingredients
(The green Tea Extract (75.9%), Propanediol, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Ethanol, Glycerin, Betaine, The green Tea Seed Oil (208mg), Prickly Pear Extract, Orchid Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Orange Extract, Tangerine Extract, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sorbitan Olivate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cocoa Extract, Dextrin, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance)

Doesn't include: parabens, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal orientated ingredients,  imdazolidinyl urea

As usual, Innisfree uses safe ingredients in their products. Innisfree is also known for using ingredients from Jeju-do, which is also where my Baby Boo and Jinhwan were born, making me believe that everything that derives from that island is pure perfection. 



Packaging

The serum comes in a little plastic container with a pump dispenser, which is very useful. The pump is also very easy to use (some pumps are just horrible, either too firm or spilling products everywhere at once) and it even comes with a bottle cap which is useful especially when travelling. 
(Left side, back side, right side)


Scent
The serum has a very pleasant smell, very refreshing and floral at the same time. Again, I have to say that i'm terrible at describing scents so "sweet-green-tea-ish" is the best description I can come up with.

Consistency
The serum has a very runny consistency, definitely suitable for those who prefer something light-weight! I think I can safely say that this is the least sticky serum i've ever tried, which is great since no one likes that gewy sticky feeling that a serum leaves.


The photo above shows the serum running down my hand, proving it's light-weighted texture.

Performance
Prior to buying this product, I had done my research and heard many good things about it. I know many bloggers who swear by this serum, and even put it one the Holy Grail status. Knowing this, I bought this serum with high expectations.

It feels very moisturising on the skin, and it is definitely rapidly absorbed by the skin! I thoroughly enjoy using this serum both at night and in the morning, as it's so rapidly absorbed it doesn't even feel like I applied anything to my face. The serum doesn't make my skin feel oily, and perhaps even helps control my sebum.

Also, this product is very soothing and refreshing. I can imagine this being the perfect serum for the summer, or places where the climate is hot and humid.

Effects
I have to be honest here, in terms of visible changes on my skin, I haven't noticed any. With that being said, my skin is pretty moisturised to begin with, and I have yet to come across a serum that has given me obvious changes. Furthermore, the serum is mostly nourishing rather than brightening (or any other more physically identifiable change) which is why I also didn't expect my skin to look brand new after this serum. 
However, my skin does feel better and more beautiful on the inside, as it has helped maintain my skin's health and well-being.

Pros:
-Moisturising 
-Rapidly absorbed
-Suitable for oily skin types
-Super light-weight
-Very comfortable on the skin
-Good pump
-Ingredients which originate from the same place as Boo-Mr-Best-Quality-Seungkwan (joking guys)

Cons:
-Doesn't provide dramatic changes
-Moisturises just enough, might not be desirable for drier skin types (this one is just an assumption)


Conclusion
Recommend? Yes. Repurchase? Yes, until I find something better. For now, I feel like this serum matches me very well as it's very age appropriate for me (18), since I don't need anything intense or rejuvenating at the moment. Something comfortable and low-maintance yet effective, like this serum, works just fine. Not a holy grail, but still a great serum!

Score
8/10

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Great review !! I was going to get this since I thought it would be an age-appropriate serum too but I have really dry skin and I wonder if this would give me enough moisture ;-;

    Christina | bbcreme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yeah, it might not be enough moisture if you have very dry skin, but it's still worth a try!!

      Also, nice blog you have there Christina! Thanks for commenting :D

      Delete
  2. This is one of the serums I wanted to try for a while now, it's so popular ) The tea extract is high on the list, definetly good ingredients. Prop ably perfect for oily skin and combination. Nice review ;D

    Kbeauty.byMaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. SeungKwan is sooo freaking adorable *^* Anyway, all the seventeen members are great ♡ I haven't chosen a bias yet lol Who's your bias?

    Thanks for the review!! I've always wanted to get the serum, but I'm too lazy to buy it lol

    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/
    Don't forget to join my blippo giveaway ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is, Diva Boo is my bias :D His voice is life and he always makes me laugh ^_^

      You're welcome!! The serum is really worth a try

      Delete
  4. I've been on the search for moisturising products because the UK weather has made my skin turn a lot drier than usual, and your review just helped me pick out a moisturising serum yet not something really sticky. I'm currently using the C20 serum and that is very sticky >.< Thank you for the helpful review ^^

    http://www.kelkelxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am combination too and I also bought one last month, but since the winter is dry and cold here, I still fell not enough. Do you apply cream after this serum? Do you have some recommendations about the cream? look forward for you reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply!! Yes, I do apply cream after the serum, I change my creams all the time but right now i've been enjoying the Klairs Midnight blue cream (which I also reviewed).

      Delete
  6. I like your blog! Great post, I just recently tried a similar product that I received for free from perfumora.com. Will buy this one next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection of premium quality best green tea in india at Green Plus Tea. Teas with great scent, beautiful taste and fantastic finish. Choose from multi-flavoured organic green teas in carton, tea bags or ready to drink options.Order online for best quality Green Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green Tea for Fat Burner

    Green tea has thermogenic properties and promotes fat oxidation. While caffeine has been shown to help burn fat and increase metabolism, it’s good to know the effect of Green Tea on metabolism is much more than that, because simply ramping up caffeine intake will definitely give you the jitters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great, I'll order one!

    -Jane
    http://beauty-plus-shop.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I hope you liked my blog, if you left your blog URL i'll make sure to check it out <3