First Impressions: Etude House Cherry Lip Gel Patch

5:11 PM

Hello readers! I'm back with another post, and this time it's a first impressions! So let's get right into it. I decided to try the lip patch thing that has been popular in Korean beauty for a few years now, so continue reading to know what I think of it ^_^





Brand:
Etude House

Product Name:
Cherry Lip Gel Patch



Product Description and Claims:
Formulated with vitalizing cherry extract, this lip shaped hydro gel patch hydrates, repairs and soothes for soft, supple and smooth lips.

Ingredients:
WATER, GLYCERIN, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) EXTRACT, PAEONIA SUFFRUTICOSA ROOT EXTRACT, CERATONIA SILIQUA GUM, AGAR, METHYLPARABEN, PRUNUS TOMENTOSA FRUIT EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, BENZOPHENONE-4, LAC COLOR, FLAVOR


I got this lip patch when I traveled to Korea, and since the expiration date is coming up, I decided to finally try it and see if it really makes my lips more supple and smooth.


Packaging:
The little packet in comes in is way to cute, and even the lip patch itself is so appealing! The aspect of it is probably the main reason why I bought it :P

Scent: 
This hydrogel mask smells SOOOOO good!! It smells like fruit jelly, I honestly considered eating it when I pealed open the package.


The patch is actually pretty thick in comparison to hydrogel face masks. 


How I used it:
I just applied the mask on my lips after cleaning them, and let the mask settle for 15-20 minutes. The directions on the packet tell you to leave the patch for 10-15 minutes, but I decided to leave it for a little longer, until I thought there was no more moisture in the patch.

Ok, let's talk about how big this patch is. I admit my lips are small too, but this is just hilarious. The thing is quadruple the size of my actual lips. Also, I don't know if it's because of my lip shape, but the mask didn't fit my lips at all. It covered the bottom lip fine, but the top part of the mask wouldn't stick to my skin (as you can see from the photos).

Needless to say, I look ridiculous. 

Effects:
This thing was pretty gimmicky to start with, but I can't deny that my lips did feel nicer after I used the patch. The before and after pictures show that the fine lines on my lips reduced slightly, but the change is practically noticeable (which is normal since the difference is probably biggest when feeling, not looking). 

Pros:
-Smells amazeballs
-Looks cute
-Temporarily moisturises and soothes the lips

Cons:
-Kind of pricey for a one-use only product
-Doesn't stick properly to the lips
-Effects don't last for long

Conclusion:
I wouldn't repurchase this, it did moisturise my lips but it was a very short term effect. Perhaps the effects would become permanent if you used them everyday or so, but these are quite expensive and i'm sure simple lip balm and vaseline could do the same. Recommend? Well, it was fun to try it on, and if you have a big day coming up and want to make sure you're lips are perfect, this could do the trick if you apply a few hours before! It's gimmicky, but trying it once won't hurt I guess :D


Score:
5/10
(not good, not bad)



You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Interesting review! I have a few lip patches in my masking box.
    Will save them for just before a date then!

    http://mapletreeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, they are definitely more effective if you use them before a big day :D

      Delete
  2. This looks super cute omg but it's a shame the effects doesn't last long :c I'll be better of with lip balm since I have super dry lips >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would've been a great product if the effects actually lasted T_T

      Delete
  3. I saw these lip masks on ig very often haha. They looked way smaller on other photos! xD I think I will stick to lipbalm because its cheaper than this masks.. I don't know if you didnt' experience this but some bloggers said that the lip mask made the skin that was covered with the patch look slightly pink ;o;!

    I would like to invite you t join my giveaway♥ (if you're interested haha)

    Mindy ♥
    mymychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do right? But when you actually apply them they turn out to be huge!! Really??? my skin luckily didn't go pink (omg....) but if it did that would've been hilarious!!

      Thank you for telling me about your giveaway!! The things are so cute but since i'm not that into little cute japanese things, I think i'll let the other participants have their chance at winning :D I'm still very glad you told me about it though!!

      Claudia <3

      Delete
  4. I love everything kawaii so this is a just try for me only because of the cuteness factor :) but why are they soo huge omg ....? I wish they would also be cheaper

    Kbeauty.byMaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look sooo cute and pretty and adorable with that lip gel patch!
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog!It's so nice to read it!maybe we could follow each other if you want, just let me know and I'll follow you right back :)
    Laura xx
    http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried one of these before too and thought it was way to expensive for the end result :(

    http://shijakibanida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lip gel looks great, packaging is very cute
    I would like to give it a try!

    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I hope you liked my blog, if you left your blog URL i'll make sure to check it out <3